วันศุกร์ที่ 27 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2552

Current Events in Science - Why Bother?

Once upon a time I used to teach high school science, and thus adhere to the current events in science was of crucial importance. The thing that disturbed me the most if the lessons were the lessons the students who refused to confirm the relevance of science to see old and current in their lives. I have often stopped teaching the lesson, to try and convince them how relevant science, especially the current events in science, indeed in everyday life. Think about it begin, let's just with the human body ... to understand how itWorks, and you will have a better understanding of have to look like after numero uno.

Here are two examples from my daily life, where science knowledge helped me out:

I enjoy fishing. A friend and I were fishing on a farm dam with a two-man inflatable boat and everything was going well. We had joined a couple of nice size bass in the pocket, as my friend and ended up two kilos of Tilapia. He thing about the Tilapia species of fish that have very sharp spinesits dorsal fin.

Now anyone can (reasonably intelligent person in particular, who is up to date with current events in science, like me) would find out quickly was that a two kilograms of fish with sharp spines stuck it comes back, the flutter is about the bottom of an inflatable boat is a recipe for disaster. We were too busy fishing to think logically ...

So, when the air started in the floor plate of the boat, hissing out (because it tries to strike a balance - creating aentirely new science theme), we snapped back to reality. With the boat in folds around us and comes very close to the water lapping over the edge of the scientist in me, my friend shouted,

"Spread himself wide ..."

Yup, pushed the sides of the boat wide and increases the surface kept us alive long enough for me to paddle to shore.

Thus you will not be fishing from inflatable two man boats, and so I have not convinced you even consider the relevance of step withcurrent events in science? OK, how about this one ...

Imagine a summer day makes an activity in the open () except swimming, but oh my word, you're sweating buckets. This does not impress the blonde daughter of the new neighbors! How do you want to make sure you look so fresh and "un-tired," as possible, while still showing your physical abilities of these "oh-so-nice" young lady?

Long, long ago, when I went to school, I assumed that was affectionately known as "cadets". ThisHere you can show the ropes, how to march in the army. It built and discipline you have learned to listen to instructions and you too hot.

The heat I experienced during these meetings was not due to practice, I mean, sometimes we just stood for a long time, it was because of the dark brown uniform that we wore. I remember the master responsible jumping up and down in front of us, because they are so lethargic and sloppy in our march, when he was still in his old ageso full of energy. What I wanted to tell him was that he was always sure he was wearing a white cotton shirt in these hours in the sun.

You see, I thought with the current events in science and therefore knew science - and he did not do it! White reflects the white light, brings with it the energy is converted into heat, brown takes a series of white light. A lot of white light is absorbed mean much energy is converted into heat, which means that by diffusion, thermal energyreached the spot, which is worn the brown shirt - my body!

Thus, a white shirt in this physical effort will keep "fresh". The rest is up to your charming personality - with this combination - the girl is yours!

So the science is relevant? I think so ...



dark chocolate

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น